All regulated law firms are required to publish pricing structures and other information for certain legal services with the intention of improving transparency and making it easier to compare pricing between law firms. The services covered by this requirement are listed in the menu.
How to use the pricing guidelines
Clicking on the links will give you guidance on how each service is priced, what is included in the price and what is not. However, your case is unique. The service and expertise we bring to your case will be unique. The pricing structures are a useful indicator as to the costs of instructing us but please contact us to discuss your individual circumstances, the level of service you can expect to receive and to obtain a tailored costs estimate. Unless otherwise stated, VAT is charged at 20% on all fees and disbursements.
Non-price aspects you may wish to consider
We appreciate price will be only one of several criteria in your choice of legal expert. Here are some of the others – and why you should choose us.
- Service. Our clients choose us because they value a personal service, rather than simply the lowest possible price. Please bear this in mind when comparing our charges with other firms. You can find out more about our approach here.
- Client feedback. Our clients tell us they are happy: year after year, 94-96% of those providing feedback say they would recommend us and/or use us again. You can find out what our clients say about us by clicking here.
- People. Our staff are experienced, motivated and client-focused. Our Investors in People accreditation has verified that independently. For more information on our staff’s experience, visit our people pages.
- Professionalism, ethics and protection. As a firm of solicitors, we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (‘SRA’). This benefits our clients in the following ways:
- Professionalism and ethics. All SRA-regulated firms have to comply with a code of conduct;
- Robust complaint mechanisms. We have a fair and transparent complaints procedure, plus clients have access to the independent Legal Ombudsman and SRA if need be;
- Financial protection. We are insured, plus clients have access to the Solicitors Compensation Fund. These provisions protect clients should anything go badly wrong and they lose out financially.