Medical practice law
Who’s looking after you while you’re looking after your patients?
We understand the complexities of running a practice, so we’ve developed specialist expertise to help protect you and your patients.
Porter Dodson’s specialist medical team advises General Practitioners and their practices at all levels, whether PMS, GMS or APMS. We work alongside and support a number of Local Medical Committees. As well as advising individual practices and their partners, in Somerset our involvement with the LMC has included providing advice and regular training to GPs and their practice managers and providing contractual materials for practices which are currently being adopted county-wide.
We can offer you cost-effective specialist medical practice legal advice and assistance in a number of areas including:
- Business formation, including the creation of partnerships and companies
- Partnership, director and shareholder agreements
- Alternative business structures
- Employment & HR issues, both within and outside our insurance-backed, fixed fee “GP Protect” scheme
- Buying, selling and merging practices/surgeries
- Contract procurement and tendering
- Regulatory support
- Safeguarding issues
- Confidentiality and restrictive covenants
- Funding requirements/refinancing
- Retirement issues
- Training and personal development
- Partnership/commercial disputes
- Credit control and debt collection
- The integration and participation of practices as part of initiatives, such as Vanguard, as well as other joint/collaborative working/federation arrangements